hello, I have two question regarding cameras

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First question, if I want to print an 8x10 photograph, what kind of megapixel should I be looking at? Would a 7.1 megapixel camera be enough? What about 6 megapixel? My friiend and I took some picture and we want to blow it up so that's why I ask=)

Second questions, on average, how long does a point and shoot digital camera last for? Like 20,000 pictures? Just curious.

Thanks

First question, if I want to print an 8x10 photograph, what kind of megapixel should I be looking at? Would a 7.1 megapixel camera be enough? What about 6 megapixel? My friiend and I took some picture and we want to blow it up so that's why I ask=)

How the picture will look depends much more on how sharp the picture is than the number of megapixels that the original image was. You can get a good 8x10 from a 3 Mpixel camera if the image is sharp.

I agree. You can get a cracking 8x10 from a 3Mp camera. Printed at 200ppi that would be an image size of 1600 x 2000 pixels (multiply and you get the Mp) = 3.2Mp.

The more Mp you have the more you can crop the image. With a 7Mp camera you can afford to throw away almost 50% of the pixels to get your 8x10.

Down to how you shoot and what you shoot really.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back