Hello! I'm new to photography...

jemmerson92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I have just bought a micro 4/3 mirrorless Panasonic GH4, primarily I planned on using it for making videos, but I hear it is capable of producing great photographs (although perhaps not its primary use!), therefore I thought I'd give it a shot! (No terrible pun intended!)

I have the following lenses, 25mm lumix and 14mm - 140mm kit lens with IOS.

I just wanted to know the best place to get started with learning to use the camera and some photography basics, maybe a good book or YouTube channel someone's used? I have access to the full Adobe cloud suite too for post production.
dab7d5a097ecf54a2d25df222e91cddf.jpg

Also - i just cleaned my lens with a glasses wipe...is that okay?

Thanks all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start here:

Cambridge in Colour - Photography Tutorials & Learning Community

So you've cleaned both ends of your lens, and that should do you for about 6 months. The glasses wiper should be o.k., as long as it's not dry or dripping wet. The coatings on your lens are fairly hard, but they can be scratched and rubbed off if you really get after it using improper materials. A soft brush or hand-operated squeeze bulb will blow off lint, and if you keep your fingerprints off the front element, you'll be good for a long time.

Hi!

Welcome to the forums, best place to start is tour manual. Pun intended.

Cambridge is good Ive visited there and will again.

There is a lot of info out there never, ending really and your in the right spot at TPF. Search the forums if you have specific questions, ask away and post some pics!

Thanks for your responses!

I've ordered a lens cleaning kit on Amazon now, will stay away from glasses wipes!

I will definitely be visiting the Cambridge site.

I've had a play with the camera a little bit (only got it two days ago), and struggling with getting the right focus and depth of field in auto modes, it either chooses the wrong subject or really struggles with a moving subject...like my dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back