Hello I'm new!

A_Bird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm just getting started on using my DSLR. C&C are welcome :). Thanks.

566849318_592cf98b8f_b.jpg

567230747_a88858c727_b.jpg

Watch the camera shake. IMO higher ISO and more noise is more desirable than a blurry picture.

Number 2 is framed nicely but the depth of field should include both eyes.

I just too new to the world of DSLR, but which picture looks like its shakey? Thanks

All photos are a bit soft (not sharp). Either use a tripod or a fast enought shutter speed when taking portraits to eliminate the shake (blurriness).
Make sure when you take portraits that your point in sharp focus is the eyes, if the subject isn't square onto you then use an aperture that will give you a larger DOF, something like F8 to get both eyes sharp.

The first photo, that light overhead is casting that shadow round her neck which is distracting. Lighting from the right at about shoulder height at 5 o clock would have been better.
Also try an be a bit creative in the way of composition, don't just take a photo smack bang in the middle like the first one. Maybe zoom into her face and put it to one side.
I like the composition of the 2nd one and the third would work ok with a crop.
Good effort none the less
cheers

i think the first one would look better if you cropped it a bit to take out the unnecessary details in the background. your main subject is the lady, so you do not need a lot of other things in the picture, unless they add to the composition (in this case, they don't).

for the second picture, i would have used a smaller aperture to achieve a greater depth of field (higher f/ stop number). if you're not sure how to do that, the alternative is to make sure you focus on the dog's eye-the one in front so it pulls you into the picture.

i like the third one, but it is a little soft. were you using any type of filter-spot, fog, etc?

i think the photos are a good start. with some practice you'll be taking great photographs. =)

Welcome to the Forum. Nice photos but you may want to consider posting a picture and then hit enter to leave a space between each post. Easier for viewing! Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the Forum. I agree with the above comments. I have learned alot on this forum from the fellow photogrphers and find their comments most helpful on my own posts as well as others. Keep taking pics and posting. Thanks for sharing.

I love the third photo!!

These are all great shots, the only thing keeping them from being superb is that they aren't completely sharp. This is due to a lack of experience, not a lack of skill. As you learn things about your SLR, the quality of the photos will improve. Great start! :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back