Hello - New to Forum 1st Post

rho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm leaving the dpreview forum because for whatever reasons it never seems to work well (slow/timeouts) on my PC/connection.

I searched and found this forum, so here I am :)

I'll share a cool story about what I picked up last weekend to start...

I found someone sellling a tripod that was very peculiar to me. It was a Benbo 4. It was not like any other unit I've encountered but it was solidly built and had a very nice ball head attached to it.

Later I did some research and realized it was a tripod dedicated to/for Macro photography (so I was jazzed since I obviously did not have anything that was so macro specific).

I picked up the tripod and ball head for $50 total.... :)

After more conversation he showed me another tripod. This one I knew of, a Bogen 3221 with another ball head attached. I was not interested in the head, just the legs. Since the plastic lock lever was missing, He offered it to me for $10.... I thought about it for 32ms and said.. Sure.

So for $60 US I am the happy owner of these 2 units.

tri1_3sec.jpg

tri2_8sec.jpg

Nice! Welcome to TPF!

Btw I had problems with Dpreview as well. It never seemed to work well when I wanted logical discussion. :lol:

Welcome to the forum! Nice amp setup...I take it you are a player.

Lot's of good people at DP, but I ended up here as well. It can get a little too geeky over there when it comes to lens discussions :)

Welcome aboard. I am jealous at that find (Benbo)...:drool:

I have the honor of having been banned from dpreview.com. I made the mistake of asking a question, the answer to which I should have known. I think you will like it here better. Much better manners.

CMan said:
Welcome to the forum! Nice amp setup...I take it you are a player.

Thanks,

It's my other hobby... there is a Mesa Recto on top of the Marshall and a Mesa MkIII next to those :)

Thanks everyone. I don't know about all of you but my forum habits revolve around what current hobby I'm neck deep in at the time.

For me it's photography->music->stereo equipment->bmw M3s->bmw 2002s->archery->fishing/boating

Not in that particular order though...

The Benbo is not really so macro specific you can use it for anything I did a wedding with someone who was using it for that the macro benefit for that tripod is that you can get it into weird positions but I have never heard of it being called a "macro" tripod

Most reactions

Back