Hello! New too photography...and this community!

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone. I am very new to photography. I was gifted a Nikon camera a few months ago and have not put it down since! Still sort of working on finding myself as a photographer, of course, but catching on somewhat quickly.

I am excited to get more involved in an online community with surely some great photographers and people who have been at this for years (I wish I had picked up a camera years ago!).

And here is a question for you...What motivates you to take pictures? What is it about photography that keeps you reaching for your camera time after time?

Hope to hear back from some of you!

Cheers.

Welcome.

I have had a camera in my hand since I was about 7 and asked for a specific one for Christmas a Kodak Handle. Which I did get that Christmas. Unfortunately it turned out to be a bad choice as of course Polaroid sued and won. So no more film for it. I don't have the original, but I do have a Kodak Handle and a SEALED package of film on my camera shelf. :1247: I know the film is not good, but probably one of the last sealed ones around anywhere. I used to have 2 sealed packages. Tried one about 2 years ago. And 1 out of the 10 showed just a little bit of life, but no where near developing.

If I didn't personally have one, I always had my parents Minolta XG-1 from junior high through early college. First 35mm to use was my dad's Pentax ME Super. Parents divorced when I was young and father moved away to FL. Down in FL he was 1/2 owner of a small camera store called the Photo Hut. On a visit down there I wanted a different camera to buy myself. He tried to give me a used Nikkormat and a couple lenses. But I was stubborn and foolhardy and wanted a specific 110 camera. Of which he did have in stock. And with pride I bought it with my own money. At a discount of course. Now that I am older, I realize what a mistake I made in that Nikkormat / 110 decision. The 110 was lost in a boating accident about 2 years later. :02.47-tranquillity:

So, long story short. I have really always had a camera at my disposal since real young. For me it's just normal life to take pictures.

Welcome to TPF. I just like that "click" sound...keeps me shooting photos.

Welcome to the forum. I find the ability to freeze a fraction of a second in time ... is simply and purely ... magical. Secondly, the never ending challenge of capturing the exceptional image drives my competitive self and finally, as Derrel so eloquently stated "... that click sound ... " is like crack. (The sound was better with a motor driven film camera, "click-whirl, click-whirl, click-whirl", right in your ears.

The memories.

Welcome my fellow beginner.
For me, I enjoy the thought process of taking a shot such as looking for the correct lighting, the correct exposure, how I can portray this image in the best way possible and chasing that one great photo of the day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back