Hello, obviously i too am new..........

shortie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my name is aj, and my recently deceased boyfriend talked me into getting a digital camera when i got deployed last year. i am a art education major, but never really did too much with the camera, for the past year i have played around with the camera and am now looking into purchasing a better camera and changing my major to art with an emphasis on photography.

i added a picture of myself to the self portrait section as well, let me know what you think

i've very nervous about posting my work, the pictures i have viewed are truely amazing. i hope to learn a lot from you all. :D

Welcome to the forum!

Don't be nervous about posting any of your work. We are all here to share and learn from each other and we have a great group of members :)

Hey Aj,

I'm really sorry to hear about your boyfriend. It's not something I'd want anyone to go through. Just be glad that you had the time with him that you did, because there are many people who didn't have the good fortune to know him at all.

We're glad to have you here at the forum and we hope to see your work soon. Don't be nervous to post your work, because everyone is here to help. If you want to improve the work that you are doing then there are plenty of people here that will help you along.

Hi AJ and welcome aboard!
Sincere condolences on the loss of your boyfriend, tragedies always seem to occur around Christmas, really puts a crimp in the festivities.
Don't worry about posting your pics, we've people with all skill levels here from mine up to really professional and everyone will do what they can to help.
Have fun and enjoy!

Howdy and welcome.

I think you'll find that this is one of the friendliest photography forums around. I cruise a few different ones, and it definately has the best social attitude.

Don't worry about posting your pics. If someone says anything negative, remember it's not personal, or to embarass you, it's just thier opinion.

I think that conversing with other photographers and looking at other folks' work is the best way to learn.

welcome aj!
its good to have you on board here. sorry about the loss too. this is a great place to learn, think you'll love it here. look forward to your posts :)

Welcome, AJ! I saw your photo of you and your late boyrfriend. You looked very happy; please accept my condolences for this tragedy.

Glad you are here. Like the others have said, don't hesitate to post your pics, or post on any of the threads. This place has lots of great people and I hope you have fun while you learn! :D

Most reactions

Back