Hello out there!!

Ub3rn00ber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's my introduction post. Hoorah... Ok here ' goes:

My name is John. I've always had alot of interest in photography, especially macro photography, more looking at them than taking them. I recently purchased a Panasonic DMC FZ28 because I was in San Diego and wanted to take some night shots of the bay and simply could not accomplish that with the cheap Kodak Eazyshare camera that I was using at the time. The FZ28 has lived up to my expectations (so long as it's on a tripod in low light). I also purchased a Raynox DCR-250 lens for the micros closeup shots that I so enjoy. Sometimes I'll just spend a couple hours in my yard finding things that are interesting to take macro shots of.

I'm also shopping around for my first DSLR camera to expand my photography abilities, though I'm not so sure I've quite outgrown my FZ28 just yet. I'm looking at the Pentax k2000 and Sony a300 primarily at the moment. I really want something with built in stabilization. I would like to get a Canon, but all the ranges of lenses I would want would break me if I got them all with IS. I use my camera for the macro shots, pictures of whatever I find interesting, and mostly my children. I have 2 kids. An almost 3 year old girl and an almost 9 year old boy.

Forgot to mention:

You can check out my Flickr page at Flickr: Ub3rn00ber's Photostream

Most pix there are just snapshots of the family and some other things. There is also a macros set and some other interesting (to me anyway) sets.

Hi John,

I am also a newbie on this forum. Looking for nice tips on Photography...

Welcome to the forums John i am also a newbie and my ears are always open. Can't wait to see your work.

Most reactions

Back