Hello PF!

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and shooting with DSLR. Been reading on this board as well as random searches on yahoo/google.

I currently have the Canon T1i kit which consisit of the 18-55 and 55-250.

Primarily my shooting is focused on car, both moving and still. I mainly use the 55-250 for these shots. Looking for recommendations as to what lens other car photographers can recommend. But I'll do a search on it as well.

Anyways, forums great so far :thumbup:

hi and welcome :mrgreen:

car photography ?

i think those two would suffice

if you feel that you need to get wider
get a wide lens .. 14-24 or a 10mm?
if you go to the track. maybe a longer reach . 300m-400m? :p
a flash or two for still photos maybe useful as well

(these suggestions dont come from experience, but from what i see from other peoples posts :) )

post your pics! :mrgreen:

(cool . you know how to do your own searches :thumbup: )

^^^hey thanks! I will get some photos up tonight and post them in the C&C sections.

I appreciate the feedback. I am not at the level of 300-400MM lens yet, but its good to know.

Not really into shooting with flash...don't know why, just not haha. Guess its b/c I like to mess with exposures and f/ to get the amount of light I need in a photo.

I am not at the level of 300-400MM lens yet
were on the same boat :lol:

Not really into shooting with flash...don't know why, just not haha. Guess its b/c I like to mess with exposures and f/ to get the amount of light I need in a photo.

i was like you when i started.. but after seeing some of what these older guys do with flashes .. makes me want to have a flash more :mrgreen:

anyway.. its not like its a requirement

I have the Sigma 10-20mm for cropped camera sensors only, this is a phenominal lens and highly recommend it. Also in my stable is the 105-400mm Sigma which I find I have used at the track and motorcycle gigs, this lens is fast focusing and has a great optical stabilizer that helps you in tracking. I have even shot planes moving at highspeeds with this big daddy, however it is for a full frame sensor so its really tight at 105, but a plus if you wanna reach further then the actual 400mm on a full frame body. If you have any questions on how they shoot and quality build and what not let me know I shoot both very often. Also if you have any other questions on the Bodies or Lenses in my stable anyone feel free to hit me up. I have also shot on more then what I have listed so lets convo...

ALIAS

I get paid to shoot if thats what you mean :) and mostly stunt bikes, now and then some car/track stuff...

ALIAS

Most reactions

Back