Hello Sadness...

Causapscal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
marcheacute%20allemand%2010_zpsukofvxwm.jpg

I like it, but I'm not much of a fan of color selecting. How does the original look?

what the what???

This photo is all around weird. The selective coloring certainly brings up Schindler's List and the holocaust, the lollypop plays against that in a truly bizarre way. Then there's the question of who's child it is. I'm left feeling like it HAS to be staged, but then I look at the careless framing of the car in the background and the genuine expression on the child's face - which kind of brings back to the selective coloring again but in a different way, more the cliche kitschy selective coloring...

Definitely keep it. I don't think I'd ever find myself saying that. But in this case I think it works. Yeah, it's tasteless - but honestly that makes it compelling.

Pretty sure that wasn't your intent here. But it works for me nonetheless, in a sort of cringy way.

And I really don't mean this as a backhanded complement... I really do like it.

I like the image; I'm, at best undecided on the selective colouring; I think perhaps a slight desaturation would improved it, 'though I would like to see the original first. I wish though you'd shot from a bit farther to the right and had the child a little smaller in the frame to accentuate the feelings of loneliness and distance.

I echo unpopular ... this is all kinds of weird. Not being a fan of selective color ... it still works for me. I would also like to see the original and to add even a bit of more oddity to the mix ... maybe reverse the selectivity where the child is B&W and all else in color ...

PS- I think the entire child should be selected for color.
G

Thanks to all.

It's a street photo, not studio :courage:

I had a fraction second to shot the emotion and focused (manual).

Entire girl was In color.

I tried to represent the sadness and the abandon more than a perfect technic...

:icon_thumleft: Thanks to visit. :smug:

So wait. You just stumbled on this sad little girl with a giant lolly and a little green toy and took her picture???

This just gets weirder by the moment.

:allteeth: Yes !

Her mother was about twenty feet behind me, with her little brother and two clowns. His mother called her for coming to meet the clowns but the little girl was scared and unwilling. I photographed his reaction quickly ... Here is the object of her fright :icon_brilsmurf:

Excuse my bad english, I'm French Canadian (Quebec City) :encouragement:

marcheacute%20allemand%2011_zpsdbrn55lf.jpg

Thanks to all.

Sorry, but the legs and feet look to be B&W ... that clown isn't the happiest clown in town.

BTW- A very good job in capturing the emotion of the scene in a fluid environment.

I photographed his reaction quickly

Interesting how without context the image takes on such a bizarre interpretation. I think you should keep it as it is. It's not quite what you had in mind, maybe, but I think it's so much more as a result. I'm not sure what you initially saw, I don't know if you intended to create such an unsettling effect (and you probably have trouble understanding why since you understand the context), but you clearly saw something interesting.

It really is fascinating image.

Thanks to all.

Sorry, but the legs and feet look to be B&W ... that clown isn't the happiest clown in town.

BTW- A very good job in capturing the emotion of the scene in a fluid environment.

Thanks !

Yes, true colors, the skirt is white, black stockings and pale pink shoes :1247:

I photographed his reaction quickly

Interesting how without context the image takes on such a bizarre interpretation. I think you should keep it as it is. It's not quite what you had in mind, maybe, but I think it's so much more as a result. I'm not sure what you initially saw, I don't know if you intended to create such an unsettling effect (and you probably have trouble understanding why since you understand the context), but you clearly saw something interesting.

It really is fascinating image.

Many Thanks !

Yes, I saw more than the context, I saw the representation of loneliness, anxiety, incomprehension ... I saw the war and an abandoned child who loses his illusions...and more than I can explain in english :concern:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back