Hello!...some questions

blowdian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure where to direct these questions since I'm new to this forum.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for someone who loves photography and can take very nice photos but wants to learn all the fundamentals and professional techniques. I already gratudated from college and am in grad school so obviously don't want to enter a program, but I would like to take some classes. I'm very interested in adding a visual component to my academic projects.

So where to start? Community college course or two? Are those online or learn-from-home courses (such as those offered by NY Institute of Photography) a rip-off? Way overpriced? Should I just get a good book?

Any suggestions or personal experiences are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard! You already took the first step by joining our Forum. :)

This Forum is like a fountain of knowledge so dig deep, read and experience it. Glad you want to start from zero, I meant the fundamentals. Too many start just taking photos with the camera set on Automatic. Learn on a good manual SLR like Pentax K1000 (or similar) and work your way up. Make mistakes and be afraid not of them for you only learn from them. Good luck and I know you'll get more answers to your questions here. Welcome again!

Most reactions

Back