Hello to all, nice to be here after reading your nice comments

OldCam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

Im a dutch man, trying to get nice results with my old camera. a Sony DSLR A100 in good performance.
I also am a Linux admin so i use Linux apps like GIMP (the opensource photoshop equivalent) and i tried out programs like Darktable and RawTherapee and others, and Darktable ( also for MS Windows) was my pick for the editing.

Back in the days of film photography i had a Nikon and several lenses, and... ..a nice attic darkroom with a development lamp i burrowed from my neighbor and the chemicals. I must say i never had this notion of all the settings. i shot on ISO400 film, black and white. i was around 14 or 15. Later i sold it all, and went on becoming an IT-dude.

Now learning the real playing with light and dark in color, although black and white is still my preference. i started with some relatively point and shoot camera, then an Olympus ez550 and got frustrated about the fringing of the lens. So i found this beautiful Sony camera and i love it.

well, now you know me a little, i hope to talk to/with you soon. :D

Welcome! Hang around long enough and you might see a few "not so nice" comments, but by and large it's a great place. You will learn a lot.

welcome to the forum. those old Nikons and lenses are worth a lot to the collectors now. check out "MacKeown's price guide". I still use um. vin

welcome to the forum. those old Nikons and lenses are worth a lot to the collectors now. check out "MacKeown's price guide". I still use um. vin

i sold them.. as a young boy.. :)

Welcome!

i already feel like i am. :-D

Today i bought a Minolta AF 75 - 300 zoom lens. the good man asked 30 euro' s for it. i cleaned it, shot some pics.. see them in the gallery

OldCam - Albums | Photography Forum

Hi OldCam, welcome !
I am new too and also from Holland :)
Linux is one thing on my list to learn.
I installed linux mint once on a virtual drive
and I enjoyed it.
Only thing with Linux is that not many big games support it.
When that day comes I will switch to linux :)

I hope you will have a goed time here :)

I hope you too will have a good time. Some clashes with other cultures can occur on here, :smile: but that said i can also be a bit to much helpful sometimes.
thank you for the compliment! :goodvibes: i hope to see your pictures soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back