Hello to everyone from Baytown Texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by one90guy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. one90guy

one90guy TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am a shooter of film in a digital world, looking for liked minded folks. I have nothing against digital, its just that I have been using rangefinders and slr's since 68 and I still need help. I do not believe I would have that many years left to learn digital:lol: My main camera is a Nikon F4s, just bought a MF-23 Data back this evening. Hopefully I want drive anyone nuts, Im sure I will be asking questions that everyone knows the answers to but me:( Looking forward to talking with one and all.

2. T-town photographer

T-town photographer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    As a fellow Nikon and Film shooter welcome to the studio. What part of Texas are you in. We are thinking about maybe moving to the Coastal area or to Austin.

Michael

3. GFreg

GFreg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF! There is a section dedicated to film. Not trying to convert you or anything but it is never too late to pick up digital. I am sure if you got a "baby" Nikon you would pick it up in no time. The newer D3000, D5000 or the older D40. There is nothing wrong with film though so just keep on shooting and learning. The principles of photography never change.

Film Discussion and Q & A - The Photo Forum - Photography Discussion Forum

4. one90guy

one90guy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Michael Baytown is about 20 miles east of Houston, 45 minutes to Galveston Island. The Texas coast get better the further south you go. South Padre Island the water is a blue green and wonderful white sand. Mild winters usually, summers rough, high temps with the humidity to match. Got mountains too, come on down. David

5. one90guy

one90guy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the welcome mat. Would like to try digital, but the investment to switch would be hard. Buy camera, then I would want lens, flash, etc. Would not mind selling off some of my older stuff, but the market is flat, I bought a beautiful Yashica MG-1 back in May for 99 cents plus shipping, also came with a nice cover and it takes great pictures. I even enjoy my Argus C-3.

6. Mulewings~

Mulewings~ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I still use film in some cases...my Pentax K1000 is a tank and can handle the cold tough weather we get in SW WI.
    I resisted digital for so long and then got my first little point and shoot. It became handy to tote in my pocket at all times.

7. one90guy

one90guy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I sure hope there is film for a few more years otherwise I will have lots of paperweights and doorstops. I think I know why I have not gone digital, just got a MF-23 for my F4, in two hours I have managed to set the date and the time, I think:lol:

8. GFreg

GFreg TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well don't hold me to this, but every lens that attaches to your F4 will attach to a current Nikon digital camera. You might want to do some research but they both use an F series mount I think.

9. popawalker

popawalker TPF Noob!

Hey neighbor, I'm over in Channelview. I shoot both film and digital. Olympus OM10, OM2n, OM1, Bronica ETRSi with 75mm lens, Argus C-3, Canon 1V when I get the film urge. I usually go over to Baytown Nature Center on saturdays and have been hanging out on Tri City Beach rd watching the eagle activity.