Hello, What say you of my first pics?

Danksalot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my Canon T1i on Thursday, and I snapped these on Friday. This is the first SLR I've used, and the first non-snapshot pics I've tried to take. Some of these will undoubtedly fall into the snapshot category, it'll take a while to unlearn that. I've got a lot of growing to do, and there's no better way to do that than by honestly evaluating my performance from the start.

That being said, give me your worst, but give it nicely if you don't mind.

Here are two pics:
4629088404_33def26cb6_b.jpg

Canon T1i Shutter: 1/80, 18-55 lens, 53mm, f/5.6, iso-100 Aperture Priority Mode
I set my AF point to the left, to try to focus on the front, middle statue.
4628199839_33f9c350a7_b.jpg

Canon T1i Shutter: 1/160, 18-55 lens, 55mm, f/5.6, iso-100 Aperture Priority Mode

And if you have more time, here's a link to my Flickr page with 15 pics:
Flickr: danksalot's Photostream

Danksalot

Last edited:
#1 WTF? Tomb of the Unknown Alien?

I like them, #1 was was going to be an issue from the start, half sunlight, half shade. Fill might have worked here, but I don't know how wide this actually is.

#2, The crooked edge of the building or whatever it is catches my eye alot. I would crop it out.

Not sure if you noticed but u cut the heads off all your models in number 1... generally i think you should try to capture the facial expressions. :p

but seriously what are those statues?

the statues are one piece called Bronze Crowd by an artist named Magdalena Abakanowicz. The whole piece has to be close to 80 feet across. If you look at my flickr page, I took a pic of the back, and they are not only missing heads, they are hollow with no back.

I tried a little post processing on the first one, let me know if it's any better:
4632364507_137732ddc6_b.jpg

Danksalot

The subject of #1 is great, the lighting is tough. This definitely should be another photo event for you on a day or time of day when the lighting is more favorable. Try a few different angles. Some of the angles may not even need to be all of the statues.

This thread made me LOL after having just watched the old Highlander series with my hubby:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back