Hello

Moa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello. I have recently become interested in learning how to be a photographer but when I picked up my camera (sony cybershot DSC-H7) I realized that I don't know the first thing about photography. I came to my decision to learn photography because I love nature and would like an excuse to spend my time wandering to woods, but also to have a purpose and gain something tangible from my experiences. So I have a couple of questions for other forum members, What are the basic camera settings on cameras and what do they do? Is there anything in particular I need to know about wilderness photography? What are the best ways of capturing a shot?
Thank you for your consideration.

Wilderness photography is a big group. There is landscape, flora, fauna etc. What do you plan on getting into more? Also one aspect i would use for all of these is light, Morning light and evening light is often soft and creates a wonderful mood to your shots. Welcome to the forum and ask any questions you want!

Most likely landscape photography, I visit the BWCA very often which is in northern Minnesota and that is most likely where I will be doing most of my photography or in some of the random forests around where I live.

For landscapes you'll want a wide angle lens. Capture a greater distance and you will get more into your shot. For wildlife and birds a telephoto lens. Don't just go out and buy these randomly though. I would research and test first.

Well what are the price ranges for these lenses and what are the best inexpensive ones that can easily be used?

Welcome aboard.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back