Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by adman_glazer, Mar 7, 2009.

1. adman_glazer

adman_glazer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello,

I am new to the forum and new to digital photography. It has been about 20 years since I have picked up a camera other then the p&s for around the house with the kids.

I am a motocross racer who used to take photos while on the mend. Around July I had to give up the bike racing. 28 years of it adds up quickly. I went through a gamit of hobbies trying to find something to fill the void. From MMA (also hard on the joints) to building models.

I haven't bought a camera yet as I have been lurking to see what people are using and the pro's and con's of each of the different bodies. I have narrowed it down to 2 based on what I have seen and I will now start the process of locating what I want. It will either be a Nikon D50 of a Sony A200.

I look forward to learning alot from you "seasoned" vets

Thanks
    Adam

2. adman_glazer

adman_glazer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am not sure why I have been shunned but I surely hope this isn't an indication of what I can expect.

3. dseidman

dseidman TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Adam,
    Get that camera soon! You'll learn the most by getting out and shooting, then asking for critiques. I hope to see some of your work in the near future!
    I'm brand new here as well. I'm not sure what to expect as far as getting feedback goes, but I hope these forums will be of some help.

4. adman_glazer

adman_glazer TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I am picking up my D50 tomorrow and will shooting in the afternoon to get a feel for it.

I too wonder what the feedback will be like. I posted here to say hello any no one even bother to say hello except you. Even though there were a bunch of posts after mine.

Maybe they don't like motorcycle racers.