Hello :)

thefirefly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howzit all :) I am thefirefly, aka Carryn, from Durban, South Africa :)

While I have been tinkering around with a camera for years now, my dad recently gave me his ancient film camera, a Praktica LTL3, and a roll of film and told me to have some fun. I have always used a digital camera, along with the luxury of being able to delete any mistakes. So, with this camera, I took my time, and thought a little bit before taking the photos, making sure they looked good. It gave me a whole new appreciation of the photo, so I started using that same care with my digital camera, and I have taken some pretty cool shots. Not the kind that can go in a magazine or in a gallery, but that is why I am here :)

This evening, my brother taught me a little about playing around with a photo, changing the colours and the contrast and stuff on Photo Studio 5, and I would like to learn more about digital manipulation of a photograph.

My usual subjects for my photos are my dog, Buffy and my brother, Tim, and I use a pretty basic camera (Canon IXUS 9515), so I don't really make artsy type photos...yet. The photo in my avatar is possibly my most creative work ever done :p

Thats my photography background. Other stuff about me... I'm a student, although at the moment I am sitting on the fence with my studies. Right now I am supposed to be studying a BSc in Human Biology and Chemistry, but I want to change that soon. Not 100% sure about that change, but definately need a change. My other interests are reading and writing, Girl Guides, music and watching movies.

OK, possibly the longest hello in history...

I hope to get to know you guys well, and I hope that I learn heaps of stuff from you guys :)

hi everyone My self Simond Luc I belong to USA and I am newbie on this forum. I feeling enjoy to join this forum.

Most reactions

Back