Hello!

Cosmo Canyon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a complete photography amateur, though I love taking pictures. When I was a kid, sometimes my mom would give me her camera and let me loose with a roll of film and then complain when she saw the pictures that I took pictures of everything, even the grass growing. :D

After high school I bought a Pentax K1000 used, and really fell in love with photography again. We've been using a very old Kodak digital camera that my boyfriend has. There's a several second delay between pressing the button and the actual taking of the picture, and it's a point and shoot.

I make and sell handmade soaps and candles and other such products and I wanted to get a camera that I had control over the focus and aperture and such, and also better megapixels so that I could have quality images for posters should I want to get some printed for our convention sale booths. I ended up going with a Canon Rebel XS and have been very pleased with it! I'm saving up now for some better lenses, as the only one I have right now is teh 18-55mm one that came with the camera.

I took my avatar picture after coming out of a gaming shop in Richmond, where I was incredibly pleased with my miniature I'd picked out for the newest Dungeons and Dragons campaign I've joined:

004.jpg

I'm really looking forward to picking up some good critiques and learning more of what I can do to take some great pictures. Also, I've been lurking for a couple of days and I can say that I'm really amazed at all the wonderful photographers here. I can see that I'm going to spend a lot of time avoiding homework on this site. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back