Hello

knjrphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, my name is Jacqi. I've been interested in photography for about 13 years. But only seriously shooting for about 7. I've only recently broken into the world of portrait photography.

I hope to start a small business mostly offering lower cost quality images to families that cannot afford to pay hundreds or thousands for family photos.

I recently upgraded to a camera that I feel is beyond my level of expertise. I got a Nikon D700 w/ Nikkor 50mm 1.4

My hope to get in-depth feed back from experienced professional photographers on how to improve my lighting in-general and composition for group family shots. I'd also be interested in learning more about essentials for lighting equipment to get started. Right now I have Photo Basics by Westcott - these work fine but I'm having a problem with not having enough light to shoot at the settings I really want to use and the light being too harsh.

My first love was B&W film photography. I'll have to post some of these shots to my photo gallery.

-Jacqi

Hi Jaqi, and welcome! I see you're already 37 posts into the TPF experience, so there's no need to urge you to dive in and get involved!

(Love your avatar)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back