Hello

arshana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New here. It just ocured to me recently that I should sign up for a Photography forum to actually learn about photography.

So hi all. :)

Welcome to tpf!

Arshana, welcome to you, enjoy your stay at TPF.

I'm really starting to like photography. But the problem is I fell kinda awkward going around and taking pictures. I'm afraid I might get some stares.

I'm really starting to like photography. But the problem is I fell kinda awkward going around and taking pictures. I'm afraid I might get some stares.

Learn to hide behind your camera. When I look through the viewfinder it seems like I am looking at the scene on a TV screen. And secondly, look through those who give you stares. I choose to not acknowledge those who don't like what I am doing. Once when covering a fire, I knowingly wandered through an open fence gate into a guarded parking lot to get a better angle. I walked in with the camera at my eye, and as I was being called to I got the shot. Several of them. Only then did I act as if I heard the security guard calling me. Its amazing how a 6' 1", 220 lb guy can hide behind a camera and an ID.

BTW, welcome aboard. Glad you found us and hope to see you post often. We are like a happy little family here, hope to see you here often.

arshana said:
New here. It just ocured to me recently that I should sign up for a Photography forum to actually learn about photography.

So hi all. :)

Me too but then it became an addiction and so I moved a bed into TPF basement.

Welcome aboard!!

arshana said:
welll.. i've kind of gotten used to it really.. more like becoming oblivious to it..since street is the genre of photog that i love most i tried real hard to get over all those inhibitions and at this point i feel very comfortable out on the street. It take a lot of time and a lot of shots to get to a certain comfort level.. .so, :cheers: cheers to your photographic life
and welcome to TPF :D

Rob said:
Welcome to TPF - possibly our first Kuala Lumpurer?

Rob

Really? Isn't that amazing. ;)

So, snapping in the public should be fun. Is it alright to just snap any subject you wish to? You don't need their permission? Cause I saw an article about Mike Yama****a, the photograhpher from National Geographic. He was taking pictures of a duck seller. That duck seller was annoyed, but Mike wasn't bothered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back