Hello

He arshana, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
I know your inhibitions to go out and take photos of the people in the street only too well. I still haven't quite overcome my fears of doing so. It is awkward and in my country many people get suspicious rather than happy to be seeing a camera pointed in their direction. But as long as the people you get into your frame are out in public and form part of an overall scene, you may take their photo without their permission. (That is according to my country's law on a "Person's Right to their own picture"). There is a difference already if you single out a person with a telephoto lens and take a candid portrait. The last I heard, you can TAKE the photo but must neither publish it (an internet forum is a means of publishing a photo, I would say) nor even show it. That means you would normally not even be allowed to show it to family and friends. (Again, this is German law). Only few would ever THINK of following the last of the two things... but I tend to be overly careful as to photos that really single out one person in a portrait manner, blurring the entire background and all, without any relation to their surroundings and all. THAT would ask for some release by the photographed person.

Oops. This is only the Introductions Forum. Sorry. Got carried away.
WELCOME :D.

Most reactions

Back