Hello!

raeanana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm new here and need a bit of help... But I am not sure where to post about this.
I have to create a portfolio of 10 photos for my photography class and it requires a theme or narrative... Which is going to be macro/water.
One photo I need is a long exposure and I don't know how to get this with macro.
I can't find any examples. :(

All you need really is a tripod and maybe a remote shutter release if you have one.

Turn shutter speed way down, say leave the shutter open for 30 seconds.

Any source of running water will do as a subject. Waterfall, river, stream, waves on a beach.. anything you can see where the water is in motion

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

All you need really is a tripod and maybe a remote shutter release if you have one.

Any source of running water will do as a subject. Waterfall, river, stream, waves on a beach.. anything you can see where the water is in motion

It's gotta be macro/close-up though. Definitely wouldn't have a problem if it didn't have to be so close. I just cant think of anything. :(
Just realized it has to be "night photography" so it's gotta have some light source...

Welcome to TPF
Thanks! Looking forward to checking everything out and learning. Hopefully will be able to contribute some knowledge eventually.
You should able to learn from this forum thats what i have done a in the time i have spent on here lots of people on here that can help you learn hope to see some of your photos

It's gotta be macro/close-up though. Definitely wouldn't have a problem if it didn't have to be so close. I just cant think of anything. :(
Just realized it has to be "night photography" so it's gotta have some light source...
'
Ok, so it has to be a macro shot, of water, at night, with a long exposure? Am I reading this all correctly because that sounds like an awful lot of criteria...

'
Ok, so it has to be a macro shot, of water, at night, with a long exposure? Am I reading this all correctly because that sounds like an awful lot of criteria...
Yes. . . I'm doing macro for my portfolio which is our final assignment. (macro isn't required but I like macro) And I chose water to be my theme. So . . . Macro and water. At night/in the dark long exposure.

Yes. . . I'm doing macro for my portfolio which is our final assignment. (macro isn't required but I like macro) And I chose water to be my theme. So . . . Macro and water. At night/in the dark long exposure.

Ok, well macro and water at night is a bit of a tough combo - if you removed the macro component it would give you a ton more options.

But if you need to do macro under those circumstances, well if it were me I'd find one of those really pretty landscaping rocks, take it out in the backyard, setup a garden hose slightly out of frame, spray the rock with the water and do a long exposure shot that way, adding lighting as needed to get the sort of artistic effect I was after.

Hello I am jack I am also new in this forum

Ok, well macro and water at night is a bit of a tough combo - if you removed the macro component it would give you a ton more options.

But if you need to do macro under those circumstances, well if it were me I'd find one of those really pretty landscaping rocks, take it out in the backyard, setup a garden hose slightly out of frame, spray the rock with the water and do a long exposure shot that way, adding lighting as needed to get the sort of artistic effect I was after.
Hmm sounds interesting! Will have to try it. Thanks :)

A tripod-mounted timed exposure, 3.2 seconds at f/5.6, at night, of bay water in motion, lighted by a neon sign about 150 yards BEHIND the focused upon area... I expect you could do something similar with ANY water in-motion, but at closer distance, as a way to fulfill your macro criterion.

Attachments

• _MG_9786_Echoes of a Dream copy.jpg
    _MG_9786_Echoes of a Dream copy.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 115
A tripod-mounted timed exposure, 3.2 seconds at f/5.6, at night, of bay water in motion, lighted by a neon sign about 150 yards BEHIND the focused upon area... I expect you could do something similar with ANY water in-motion, but at closer distance, as a way to fulfill your macro criterion.
Beautiful! Thanks for the tip :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back