Hello

jimiismydaddy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm an 18 year old aspiring photographer. I've always messed around with my parents cameras, and recently bought my first last Christmas. It is a Kodak Z740. Though its pretty limited, Ive pulled some very nice images out of it. I hope to post some of them in the other forums.

Im also a musician, so Ive started combing that with my photography hobby by taking pictures for some of the local area bands. Thats turning out to be a lot of fun.

I mostly shoot when on vacations. Taken pictures in Florida, around Miami, the everglades, key west, up to Destin. Took some great pics in New York and New England last Christmas, went to yellowstone this past summer, wonderful pics, along with all the utah parks and colorado. Just got back from D.C. this Christmas and got some more great pictures. Happened to be there when the funeral services for President Ford were occuring, so got a decent picture of his motorcade and hearst. Also live near a lake, so I enjoy going out there and shooting as well.

Also recently submitted a picture to the picture.com contest and won something like semi-finalist, so I'm getting published in one of their coffee books, thought that was kind of cool.

Hoping to learn a lot from this forum. Already gotten some great advice on potential entry-level DSLRs. Hopefully I'll be making that purchase in a few months.

Welcome to TPF.

Also recently submitted a picture to the picture.com contest and won something like semi-finalist, so I'm getting published in one of their coffee books, thought that was kind of cool.

Welcome to TPF...i really dont want to burst your bubble but i too published a photo on picture.com and was added in a book just like you i think it is kinda a scam the book is like $70 and it is not put together well at all and is only for sale on the website, i dont think many people get the book any way...ill leave the book up to you but i just wanted to let you know how i felt about it.

Hope to see some of your pictures soon

Edit: i just saw a post of yours and i saw you already found out about picture.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back