Hello!

KronixKid22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well my name's Pat and I'm new to the forum. Was referred to it by a member of mazdas247.com. I've always loved Photography but have only just recently been really getting into it now that I have my own camera. It's only a cheap WalMat Kodak C533 5.0MP, but I try to do what I can. I would like to buy a nice SLR in the future. Any suggestions? Well I'm glad to be here, hopefully I'll learn a thing or two! :)

Here's some photos I've taken with this camera:

ProvidenceGreyBorder.jpg

NewportSunset.jpg

100_0414.jpg

100_0376.jpg

GhostOut.jpg

SylvanBeachSunset.jpg

100_0749.jpg

Hi KronixKid, and welcome to ThePhotoForum. :D

I moved your thread from The Beginners' Place to the General Gallery, since the galleries really are the places for the shared photos to go, while I understand The Beginners' Place more as a Questions and Answers Forum, see?

It is so interesting to see that the beginners now start out with nighttime photography, wow, quite daring, and well done, though I don't know what produced that white ghost reflection of the wall of the house in that first photo :)scratch: ) ... it took me decades to venture into nighttime photography myself.

I like the atmosphere in Photo 2, though it is a bit on the dark side and there is very little to be recognised on the ground, and you used the highest ISO settings your camera allows for, hence the noise, but I still like the colour of that sky and the inclusion of Venus, our evening star.

The fifth photo is fun play with flash combined with slow shutter speed.

The other sunset is a classic, albeit composed in a bit of a boring manner: everything is very centred - the horizon divides the photo in two equal halves, which is not recommended, and the sun is smack in the middle of your photo. It has proved over many centuries that the eye likes to see frames divided in thirds more.

One final remark: when you post more than 3 or 4 pics in one thread, it is adviseable to number them. Makes commenting easier for the viewers.

Hi KronixKid, and welcome to ThePhotoForum. :D

I moved your thread from The Beginners' Place to the General Gallery, since the galleries really are the places for the shared photos to go, while I understand The Beginners' Place more as a Questions and Answers Forum, see?

Sure, no problem! :D

It is so interesting to see that the beginners now start out with nighttime photography, wow, quite daring, and well done, though I don't know what produced that white ghost reflection of the wall of the house in that first photo :)scratch: ) ... it took me decades to venture into nighttime photography myself.

I love nightime photography the most! For that photo, I set it on the window sill in mt room since I don't have a tripod. Then I set the exposeur to 4 seconds (the longest it goes on my camera) and took the photo.

I like the atmosphere in Photo 2, though it is a bit on the dark side and there is very little to be recognised on the ground, and you used the highest ISO settings your camera allows for, hence the noise, but I still like the colour of that sky and the inclusion of Venus, our evening star.

Yes, I thought it was dark too. Was standing on a deck with nothing but water in front of me in Newport, RI. ISO was set for automatic, don't really know how to play with that. I did notice the noise and how it was a little grainy. Loved the look of Venus and had to get it in the picture! :)

The fifth photo is fun play with flash combined with slow shutter speed.

Yes, was just playing around with this one and leaving the exposure at it's max again (4 seconds). I thought it looked cool as I was see through (yes, that's me! :)).

The other sunset is a classic, albeit composed in a bit of a boring manner: everything is very centred - the horizon divides the photo in two equal halves, which is not recommended, and the sun is smack in the middle of your photo. It has proved over many centuries that the eye likes to see frames divided in thirds more.

Learned about the thirds through art classes and actually did this but I'm kida shakey and they were blurry. Therefor I was stuck with this one. :( But in the larger original version, I like how you can see the two people on the bench to the right sitting together and watching the sunset. :)

One final remark: when you post more than 3 or 4 pics in one thread, it is adviseable to number them. Makes commenting easier for the viewers.

Done, thanks for the comments and advice! :D

Anybody here?

Most reactions

Back