Heloine - Poolside/Bikini Shoot

No. But it's REALLY all I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

my biggest problem outside of the pose/clothing issues is the how ice cold you made the image -- she looks purple:

upload_2017-9-22_12-25-10.png

upload_2017-9-22_12-24-18.png

she's in a bikini; she should look hot.

she's outside; the sun is warm.

And y'all was giving me a hard time..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Idk man... I think that's a bit overboard. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree - how about we all just remain focused on the photo itself and its merits rather than objectifying the model and declaring how a woman should or shouldn't look, hmmmmmm?

I showed the original photo to my girlfriend ( untrained eye ) and she said "why are her bikini bottoms messed up and was it cold outside because her skin looks blue". Also she should dye her roots.

Last edited:
This has all been very insightful. This was only my second bikini shoot, and I feel that I've definitely learned a lot. Thank you all.

Aside from the other issues that have already been pointed out, I think you took the retouching on her face too far. She has a plastic look to her face that doesn't look real. I see hints of poors here and there, but there are also areas where it looks like any detail was just completely smoothed over. Did you use frequency separation? If so, I think it's about time that you give dodging a burning a try, or at least try reducing the amount of perfecting that you apply to certain areas of the skin.

Aside from the other issues that have already been pointed out, I think you took the retouching on her face too far. She has a plastic look to her face that doesn't look real. I see hints of poors here and there, but there are also areas where it looks like any detail was just completely smoothed over. Did you use frequency separation? If so, I think it's about time that you give dodging a burning a try, or at least try reducing the amount of perfecting that you apply to certain areas of the skin.

I don't use frequency separation anymore. And this actually was dodge and burn. I think I went a bit too far on the forehead, but I couldn't find a good balance.

Most reactions

Back