Help A Beginner Please :)

KILLBILL1806

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and i'm glad i'm here now :D.

Well, Actually i'm planning as a beginning to buy me a cheap but good camera, where i can do some major photographing, and maybe with some nice effects. I always wanted to take photos where i can focus on a plant for example, while the background is Blurred.

I'm planning to buy the Canon PowerShot A590 IS, and My question is, What do you think of that camera for it's price, And will I be able to take pictures with a Blurry background like described above.

Camera Review: http://www.photoxels.com/canon-a590is.html

Thanks For the help.

It should be able to - you can open you aperture up to 2.8 - with a little distance between your subject and the background, you should get the blur you desire.

A plant if you are close to it yes.
I you are not that close to a subject like say a portrait you will NOT get the blurred background, that is one of the downsides of p/s cameras.
Even an aperture at 2.8 will not help unless you are right ontop of your subject.
There are some ways of achieving it by zooming all they way and or macro shooting but it's not the best option.

Okey, thanks for the reply, and do you think its a good camera for that price somewhere around 175$.. Or is it possible to get a better Cam for the same price?
Like I've seen online there is a possibilty to get for the same price a Fuji FinePix S5800.. any thoughts?

I have only had Canon cameras I have had that one you posted but some sand got in the lens and so the shutter went crazy (not good).
I went with the S3 which has a new model S5 because it didnt' have that scary shutter it needs a proper lens cap.
http://www.photoxels.com/canon-s3-is.html

So should I wait I little more and save some more money and buy the S5?
I'm a student and saving money is not that easy..

I don't know the shutter on that A590 is really flimsy.
Can you try and pick up an S3 for cheaper or are they no longer available?

The price difference between the S2 and the S3 And The S5 here are about 15$, so i'd rather buy the S5.. :).. I Think i'll wait then a couple of month, maybe i'll get a student job in some Hi-Tech Corp. :p.. Thanks Though for the help, is there any way to see ur photos with ur S3?

Dont' get the S2...
All these color setting are done inside the camera no PP on any of these.
The bird has shallow depth of field but only because I was literally 1mm from his beak!

b_150711.jpg

b_150740.jpg

b_152459.jpg

b_153442.jpg

b_154010.jpg

b_154018.jpg

b_154027.jpg

b_101523.jpg

b_101702.jpg

b_101823.jpg

b_102209.jpg

b_102214.jpg

b_102229.jpg

b_102518.jpg

b_102626.jpg

b_102650.jpg

Very Nice Pictures.. Thanks For Ur Help Tasha.. I'll Wait For A Good Catch, Maybe I'll Get The S5 for A Good Price ;)

You're welcome too bad I already sold my S3 I hope you can find something reasonable.

Most reactions

Back