Help - A.S.A.P

Zabimaru

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is this telephoto lense any good? I seen it on ebay and it only has 2 hours left. I was wondering how much you think it's worth.

Sigma 75-300mm F4-5.6 APO ZOOM Autofocus Lens : Nikon
This is a Sigma 75-300mm F4-5.6 APO autofocus zoom lens for superb image quality and fantastic optical performance. This is the superior APO version.
Perfect for Film & Digital
The lens works perfectly with all film and digital cameras and is a superb buy. This lens is not a AF-S lens and therefore will not autofocus on NIKON D40 / D60 Series digital SLR cameras. It will work perfectly in autofocus mode on all other Nikon Film & Digital SLR Cameras.
Full Working Order, Excellent Condition
This lens is in excellent condition and works perfectly throughout. The lens has no faults and the optics are clean and mark, scratch, fungus free.
Supplied in Sale
- Sigma 75-300mm APO F4 - F5.6 Autofocus Zoom Lens
- Sigma Front & Rear Lens Cap

so what do you think?

Also will it fit both my F55 and D80?

type that lens in amazson.com or bandh.com and see what the reviews are also compare the used price on there to the used price you are paying

also is your camera digital? do you mind that it wont auto focus?

It should be priced under $150, as a new one will go for about that. Early on, I bought the Tamron version. It's okay. Image quality is decent, but not much help in low light given the aperture. Guess it comes down to price and what you intend to use it for. I can't speak to functionality with Nikon. I know that some Nikon's have to have certain lenses, etc, etc. I'm a pentax guy. But like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Lens is "ok", but definitely will give you usable results.. For the D80 I would actually suggest going for the 55-200 VR (will definitely not work on your film camera). I was down on this lens for a minute, but it is a surprisingly strong performer if you know its limitations.

Are you just looking for a telephoto lens? Should look at some of the older ones that will work on your film camera and the digital.

Are you just looking for a telephoto lens? Should look at some of the older ones that will work on your film camera and the digital.

Yep and i don't know what lenses work for both lol.

i wont be getting this one anyway, i seen it on ebay but it's sold now lol

There are tons that will give you auto-focus (if thats what you're after). Basically look for anything with an Aperture ring, and that will be a good start to work from. I often see Nikon 70-210 on eBay. There are two types that were made but either should do fine for you.

If you want to know if a lens will work, hit up KenRockwell.com or Nikonians.org. Nikonians says pretty much all AF and beyond lens (except for those solely designed for DX cameras) will work on those two cameras).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back