Help a starter out pls

antom1234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello

I need some help. I'm completely new to photography. Know absolutley nothing about it. I just know that it's fun and I want to buy a real, actually decent camera. I've just been toying around with a regular point and shoot digital camera. What exactly should I get? I like taking lots of nature photography and some of local bands. Would about $100-$150 be realistic for a camera like I'm describing? I have no idea what the price range is for a decent photography camera.

Thanks for putting up with my lack of knowledge.

antom1234 - Hi. There are a number of threads here that contain similar questions as yours. Using the search button will return faster answers. To answer your inquiry, I think a good and reliable point and shoot camera is what you are looking for, considering your budget. You may consider looking at cameras in the Canon Powershot series that fall within your budget.

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

I recently was looking for something in that price range for my parents as a mother/father's day gift. They don't need a DSLR, just a decent P&S that is easy to operate. I did a little research and ended up buying a Canon A590IS that weighs in about $115. It was the best reviewed I could find in that price range. I did have some difficulty finding it in stock though, as it appears that Canon is discontinuing it in favor of the A1000IS or something like that.

I think my camera is still available in amazon.com. I got the Canon A630 a couple of years ago! It is a great P&S camera. Probably one of best. And easy to use. I got some incredible photos with this camera!

Here are a few! None were touched up in any way.
IMG_1797-3.jpg

IMG_2938-1.jpg

IMG_6170-1-2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back