HELP! Asap please!?

bullshark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got an interview with a phenomenal photograhper in my area for tomorrow evening. He said he wants to meet me in person.. He is aware of my amateurness and has seen a few photos of mine online. I asked him what he wanted me to bring and he said myself, and if I have a few prints to show him it would be great. I have no prints! Please take a look at this little Fotki album I put together and let me know which ones would make the best impression and would look best printed.. Also, what size? and other suggestions you may have for good printing..

http://public.fotki.com/njssli23/

any suggestions really appreciated.. Thanks..

Well, you didn't say what type of studio it is, which affects what type of images you'd want to bring...

But, more than anything, when I have this kind of meeting I'm looking to see what the person is like, how they present themselves, if they'd be appropriate around my clients, if I would actually want to be around them all day, etc. In terms of photography, I'm looking for basic skills - sharp images, proper exposure, good processing (at least not BAD processing), basic composition. The content isn't really a primary concern, but it can be helpful.

What type of position is this for? What I just wrote is how I screen interns...

Well I inquired about wedding photographer position, BUT he shoots everything out of his studio.. I have almost no wedding pictures to show him.

I'll post his website, although I'm not sure if that would be proper..

Show him your favorites.

I agree with Mike...it's not so much the content or subject of your images...but they should be images that show that you know what you are doing. More important will be things like how you present yourself, how you communicate and your enthusiasm etc.

aka dress nice and be professional. I got a job over someone else with equal qualification for it one time only because I was dressed nicer for the interview, don't over do it but present yourself well.

People shots. And if you can get prints done at a decent shop do. Unless you are very good at printing your own and have a very good printer/paper.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back