Help, Camera/lense choices for cheap.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Techy03, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Techy03

Techy03 TPF Noob!

Alright so I have $600 to spend. Yeah I know, not much at all. Here is what I have though,
    An Underground lense: 70-200mm 1 : 3.8-4.8 auto zoom MC (works for a nikon lense)
    A Nikon Lense: Series E 50mm 1 1.8
    So those two are very old, I know this.
    I've tested both with a D40 and both require that I shoot in full manual mode, lack autofocus (obviously) and also lack metering.
    I also have:
    a sigma zoom 28-90mm 1:3.5-5.6 Macro lens.
    Autofocus does not work on the D40 but does work on an old N60 I have.
    Finally a sigma 70-300mmD 1:4-5.6
    (same story as the other sigma lens for autofocus)

So I assume the autofocus not working on the D40 is because the D40 does not have a AF motor in it.

To avoid any confusion, I'd like to mention that the D40 isn't mine, so I'm not looking for an upgrade.

What I am looking for is a body or body and lens that fits my budget and what I want to do with it.

My main interest in photography is wildlife photography, however I'm also interested in sports photography as wells as flora and some landscaping.

Now I would like autofocus for the long range shots (ie the wildlife and sports photography), however for the landscape and flora shots I'm really not that picky and don't care if I get autofocus, I can do that much on my own, I don't have to worry a bit a flower suddenly running, flying etc out of focus.

Anyway, I know my budget is extremely tight, but what do you guys reccommend for my budget considering what I have. Now I know you guys aren't miracle workers so just staying as close to my stated needs as possible what do you guys reccommend? Also please don't tell me to keep saving I really don't have that ability. I'm a college student. Most of my money is going to pay for college so I am already stretching my budget. I've been without a camera for about 4 years now and really miss photography. Anyway thanks for anything you guys come up with!

2. itznfb

itznfb TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    used D50

3. JustAnEngineer

JustAnEngineer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit