Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well As you all Know I have a job.

Well...heres whats happend.

I suggested an idea, in which they put pictures into their photo frames to advertise.
I offerd my pictures, and they said theyd take a look.
They liked my photos and I think are gonna use em.
They also are gonna pay for my film + producing for taking pics for them.

The company is marks and spencer...now I need help from you guys....badly :p

arty, if you need any help bro, ask us!! this might be your chance. what kinda pics are they? maybe we can give you technical advice to start off with.

md

so basically... you're saying they want your pictures at the cost it took you to make them?

if so... say no. I got into that trap once before, you need to make sure they compensate you for your time and skill. To me photography is such second nature it rarely occurs to me that other people can't take nice pictures... so i frequently undervalue EVERYTHING.

Are they planning on putting their logo on them? if not... can you put your name/website? if its a way that you can get your name out, you can offer them a trade, pictures for publicity... but for goodness sake, don't do it for free!

I aint sure...for help I just mean...how do I conduct myself? What sort of legal issues? how should I make it so my name is on the pics?

but for goodness sake, don't do it for free!

Really? What if then they say no?

Really? What if then they say no?

then you haven't really lost anything... now have you? If they're not willing to pay you for them, or even let you use your name on them, you're not gaining anything in the transaction, while they get really nice pictures that will help them sell frames.

Legally, you own your pictures, unless you sell them the rights, in which case they can do what they want with them.

What's the point of having your pics in Marks and Spencer if nobody knows they are yours? You haven't gained anything then have you? :p

You need some compensation for the art, and the value of it. If they could take pictures like yours, they wouldn't need you, but they can't, so they have to pay you for what you have that they don't. Aristic talent :p

If you are going to get to put your name and website or something on them, then that's different. That's them letting you get some free advertising in exchange for them using your art to sell their frames. Barter system :)

Like green said, don't do it for nothing.

While I agree that you do not want to "donate" your artwork just because they are your employer and your a nice person, you also have to remember you can't "hold them up" as far as demands or price whether you barter or not.... chances are that if they need the photo's and believe you are being unreasonable, they will simply hire an experienced professional for the same or little more investment...

it's a fine line, but if you are a professional you need to know how to work the deal as well as the camera....

Sounds like a great opportunity to get your work out there as long as you can keep your copyright and signature where viewers can see it.

Good Luck! let us know how it turns out.

You got an order form Marks & Spencer??? :shock:

Thats great news Arty.... congratulations! :thumbsup:

Hehe thanks matey, Although im not sure if its a "Awww...this boy is so sweet, lets let him help" kinda thing....

Artemis said:
Hehe thanks matey, Although im not sure if its a "Awww...this boy is so sweet, lets let him help" kinda thing....

Let it be whatever as long as you have your toes in the water!

I'm confused, and I don't know what kind of company Marks and Spencer is.

Are you dealing with the entire company or a single store?

Are you trying to get them to use your photos as sort of a mutual promotion? Their frames and your photos? Then obviously your name and contact info needs to be displayed somewhere.

Or are you just selling them the right to use your images in their sales promotion. In which case you should get paid, but it's unlikely that you'll get your name, etc... posted.

Tell me more about what is going on, and what you want to get out of it.

First of...thanks for your replies.

I'm confused, and I don't know what kind of company Marks and Spencer is.

Are you dealing with the entire company or a single store?

Are you trying to get them to use your photos as sort of a mutual promotion? Their frames and your photos? Then obviously your name and contact info needs to be displayed somewhere.

Or are you just selling them the right to use your images in their sales promotion. In which case you should get paid, but it's unlikely that you'll get your name, etc... posted.

Tell me more about what is going on, and what you want to get out of it.

Marks and spencer is as big as apple pie, in the UK anywho.
People come from other countries sometimes to visit a marks and spencer store.

Its as big as Tesco, and bigger than Co Op, but its only in the UK.

They wanna use my images for photo frames and room sets to make the sets look better.

They were unsure about using it for frames because they thought they may get bought, but I said that would be ok.

Im sure I can convince them to allow me to right my name on the pictures....but I doubt Im gonna get paid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back