Help - creating color tone in a photo

angles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey guys, this is my first post. I have recently gotten into photography and have been experimenting with my dslr and just reading some blogs and forums to get inspiration for my own work. When shooting photos, I was wondering what techniques there are to create color tones in the photos that you wouldn't see shooting on auto mode. One example is the following shot:
skatefall09_thehundreds2.jpg

Could anyone help me with techniques that would be used to create the following shot?

just looking at it quickly, there appears to be a drop in saturation, and then possibly some coloration.
you can make this happen in post processing with software.

if you wanna do it in cam?....hmmmm...i would turn saturation down, warm the WB slightly, and overexpose.
but don;t quote me ;)

thanks for the reply, i tried it on my camera and it worked! doing it on camera is half the work i think, and post processing can finish off this effect. thanks again!

If the image you posted isn't yours, it should be linked to because of copyright laws and forum rules.

Forum Rules and Regulations

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back