Help... Dropped lens!

imagesliveon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesliveon.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whilst changing lenses on my camera body I forgot to turn (Lock) the lens into the camera as I was too busy putting the cap on the one I had just removed. I picked up the body and as expected the lens fell to the floor... Hard wooden floor.

There is no visible damage to the mount which is the end it landed on. However when I put the lens back into the camera body it fits into it no problem but now it wont Turn/lock!
icon_redface.gif

Iv'e tried it in other bodies and even the cap barely stays on.

The lens is a Canon 24-105mm L.....

Any suggestions what might have happened? Like I said there is no visible damage/bending of the mount...

I live miles from any repair centre..

Regards

Simon

I'm not familiar with the Canon mount but it sounds like one of the tabs is bent or broken.. I'd compare the mount to that of another lens.

Whilst changing lenses on my camera body I forgot to turn (Lock) the lens into the camera as I was too busy putting the cap on the one I had just removed. I picked up the body and as expected the lens fell to the floor... Hard wooden floor.

There is no visible damage to the mount which is the end it landed on. However when I put the lens back into the camera body it fits into it no problem but now it wont Turn/lock!
icon_redface.gif

Iv'e tried it in other bodies and even the cap barely stays on.

The lens is a Canon 24-105mm L.....

Any suggestions what might have happened? Like I said there is no visible damage/bending of the mount...

I live miles from any repair centre..

Regards

Simon

If you're lucky, it's just the mounting ring on that end, which is a separate piece on most lenses I've seen. Should be a pretty straightforward fix if that's the only thing that's wrong, but it sounds like you're not going to have much joy without a repair.

Most reactions

Back