Help!! Focus???

Hey even with manual focus you need to select a focusing mode that will work. Group dynamic doesn't work with manual focus. What you should do if you intend to manual focus is select single point autofocus (bottom one), align the focus point to your target and adjust the focus till the tiny green focus indicator comes on in the bottom left of the viewfinder.

Other than that it's not your eyes, the viewfinder is just tiny compared to a screen. I can't get half my shots in focus manually focusing just by looking in the viewfinder.

Two of my subjects in the group shots were in focus and one was not.

This sounds like the depth of field was too shallow (Aperture too wide to keep all in focus). Stop down a bit.

I know, others who see the pictures may say WOW but I am so hard on myself to be perfect! I guess that is why I am in the business.

We're all hard but I'm less hard on myself now as images that you may think are poor, auntie Jeanie will love and it's only the client that matters so don't be overly critical.

[/quote]

We're all hard but I'm less hard on myself now as images that you may think are poor, auntie Jeanie will love and it's only the client that matters so don't be overly critical.

[/quote][/quote]

That is so True! I took pictures of this Beautiful little six year old. One of the shots I debated on adding to the proofs because I didn't LOVE it. I added it anyway and her mom has ordered an 11X14, two 8X10's and two 5X7's of that picture.

It is Crazy but I guess she saw something in her childs expression that made her love it.

I've been doing this for years and it never ceases to amaze me how many times a shot I've thought was below par sells n sells to families. H

Most reactions

Back