Help for a newbie, please ;)

Off to see my photographer friend tomorrow who has his own cleaning kits and all of the above materials you mentioned above to have a supervised cleaning lesson ;) ! that way I will know Im doing it right!! will show off the results tomorrow xx

As stated sensor clean should resolve. Looks like hair or fine fabric of some sort. Sort of like the lens cleaning brush type but quite fine.

Good luck and keep us posted.

That's odd; if the dirt pattern is identical regardless of lens, that pretty much only leaves the sensor, but that seems too well focused to be on your sensor. Have you cleaned the front & rear elements of both lenses and looked at them carefully under good light to ensure they're clean?

The OP did not mention which camera she was using, but if it has translucent mirror technology would not the mirror be a possible source of the lint, dust along with the lens and sensor?

Last edited:
Take the lens off, put the camera into mirror lockup and run it in the dishwasher on the top rack.... :headbang:

This advice is only worth what you paid for it and should not be taken seriously at all....... (Hey y'all, I'm sounding like Ken Rockwell now).

Tony's advice will work like a charm if you want a really cool looking camera paper weight!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back