HELP-How to remove "flares" caused by dirty lens??

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by block306, Aug 17, 2010.

1. block306

block306 TPF Noob!

I have a picture slanting into the sun, taken when the lens was not properly cleaned. As a result there were flares (not sure that's how to describe them) reflected off the dirty spots and appears on the photo.
    I have attached a copy of the photo here and the blue arrows show where the "flares" are. I wonder what is the best way to remove these spots. I have tried a couple of ways, including using content-aware fill, which obviously is a disaster.
    Thanks.
    [​IMG]

2. 786soul

786soul TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm not sure of the best way to remove but I've always used the clone tool for problems like this.

And one question, do you have a lens hood? The flare you're seeing is more likely coming from the angle of the sun hitting the lens (lens flare) rather than a dirty spot on the lens. If there was a dirty spot in the area you'd be seing distortion or problems with the tree too. A lens hood would fix the flare when taking your photo without needing any PPing.

3. Idahophoto

Idahophoto TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Clone tool for the win!