Help! I have a last minute family shoot tomorrow

bellacat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wildroseportraitphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a last minute shoot schedule tomorrow with a new born, parents and grandparents. This baby was born by complete surprise as the mom had no idea she was even pregnant until she went to the hospital and found out she was in labor.

They want a photo of the baby for the shower invitations which I also plan on doing :) the time of day sucks for the shoot though. I can only hope for over cast sky or shaded areas for the photos. The shoot is planned for a park or local historical garden.

Because of the family's schedule this shoot is planned for noon which is the worst time of day. that is my major challenge. The baby is brand new so I'm looking for any ideas for this shoot.

Please help. TIA

Could you not bring a large sun umbrella from your own verandah, just so you COULD provide some shade in case there is none where you have planned to meet? Or would that be waaaaay to cumbersome for you? (Would need to be plain white, though, and not everyone has that sitting somewhere "just in case"). You would need to also bring an assistent to hold it for you so it would stay outside your frame... maybe not such a good idea, after all :scratch:

I know way too little about taking pics of brandnew babies, only that I personally love to see those in the nude, but who would want to take photos of a newborn in the nude OUT IN A PARK!?!?!? For such photos you need an overheated studio (I should THINK). But I sure love the photos of the tiny baby on daddy's strong arm, or leaning into daddy's chest. I have always wanted to ONCE take a photo of the kind, so far, though, no luck...

Also I feel that newborns and SKIN (parents in the nude) work, but IN A PARK!?!?!?!?!?!? No way. Even less with granny and granddad there ;) ;) ;).

I hope they will bring a very fluffly, white, soft cloth for Baby Newborn to lie on, so you could go a little high key? Just another thought that is springing to mind here ... into the mind of who never has taken any newborn pics on commission before, mind you. So take all this with the necessary grain of salt.

didnt know she was pregnant until she went into labor??

wow

Maybe for the baby, you could do the baby in a basket or bowl trick, or even in the park lay baby on the blanket and prop mom and dad on there elbows laying on the blanket next to baby..

just an idea.

thanks for the advice. Early this morning they realized that the set up wasn't the ideal situation and we are planning the family shoot in the park and an intimate shoot with the baby and parents in home with natural light. What a sigh of relief. I did get some great outdoor ideas one of which being the baby in a moses basket next to a lake. I will be sure to post the photos once they are done.

Most reactions

Back