Help i need a logo

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by ajcstudio, Mar 31, 2009.

1. ajcstudio

ajcstudio TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am trying to desgin my logo for LIFE IN STILL IMAGES and im lost on what to make a logo so i figured that i would come to the world wide web and know someone will come up with a fantastic design and maybe if its really good i could paypal you some $ as a thank you it wouldnt be much as i am really broke lol and also i would put your name on my disclaimer if you want to credit you for the design.....

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    :er:
    ;)
    Graphic design, not unlike photography, is a skill and a talent...and if you want something good, you will likely have to pay for it.

One option you might try is a graphic design site/forum. They could give you suggestions/help but some of them allow you to post a job/competition. You post up your requirement and what you will pay the winning design. Then, hopefully some of the designers on the site will come up with something good for you.
    Check out Design Outpost - Custom Logos, Web Design Templates, Business Cards, Letterhead, Stationery, and More

3. Double H

Double H TPF Noob!

Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    You have any Nikon glass you would part with? Any extra speedlights? Filters, stands, reflectors, etc? I like barter. :D

4. ajcstudio

ajcstudio TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    all my equip is minolta/sony brand....

5. benjancewicz

benjancewicz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'd be willing to help you out. My prices are really inexpensive (scroll to the bottom of this page: zerflin)
    Where are you in B-more? I live here too.

6. ajcstudio

ajcstudio TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i live in halethorpe in bmore county

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Not a very positive post. Would you shoot a wedding for $400.00? If you are in the field you can see why this post is slightly ridiculous. Maybe try CraigsList.

Love & Bass

8. benjancewicz

benjancewicz TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  9. CanonSnob

CanonSnob TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Like big mike posted. My friend is a graphic designer and showed me those sites where you put up your the price you are willing to pay for a logo (or full set of branding graphics) Describe what you are looking for, what your business is about, examples of logos you like and what you like about them. Then designers start submitting different logos. You can then put some in a list that are your favs so that designers know what your leaning towards. Designers make revisions and then resubmit more options. Then you make final picks. The site acts as mediator it takes your cash, takes the designers files and makes the trade. Granted if you price offer is higher you attract the better designers to compete for your business. So it's the old 'Get what you pay for'