Help improve this picture.

martyb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is there anything that can be done to improve this picture.
Thank's.

First, give us some information to work from. ;)

Can you tell us what you want the picture to achieve, and why you think you're not there yet?

What equipment and settings did you use?

Crop out just the people and include the mic in the crop. This way everything un-needed is removed from the photo, but keeping the mic in the crop still tells the story of why the photo was taken. Once you crop it, do an auto levels or play with the brightness/contrast until you like it. You could probably sharpen it a step with photoshop to help the blur too.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I performed these steps, but read the guidelines that I shouldn't edit peoples work unless they OK it. If you like, I can try to edit it to make it slightly better, but the shot is very blurry so it is hard to do anything with.

Firstly, most of it is blurry. I'm guessing that this is because of a slow shutter speed. I see that flash was used, which usually overrides the blurriness of slow shutter...but in this shot, the bright reflective panel in the front, has reflected a lot of light...leaving the people darker. The result is that there is not enough flash exposure on in the rest of the photo...to make a sharp image.

Also, the people are right in the middle. That is often a boring, snapshot type of composition. I would crop off the left side, which gets rid of some of the clutter. Also I would crop off the bottom to get rid of the bright panel. What you are left with, is the important stuff...the people, and enough detail to show that they are in a radio studio.

From there, you should be able to lighten the darker areas with software (Photoshop etc) and maybe make it sharper as well.

In future, if you must use flash, try to avoid anything reflective that will fool the camera like this. Get close and compose the shot without a lot of background clutter.

Most reactions

Back