Help in canada

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Arrgghhh just bought a sunpak flashgun...and im not sure if it works or not.

its the 738AF one, and im not sure if its actually made for my 300D, cause I cant work it.
Plus...should I buy a new guitar here or wait till UK...or try and find a new lens for $250 :p or buy a reallllyy good flashgun...

Your help is appreciated...

P.S. Please hurry with replies, I got till end of the day to take that flashgun back, then weere moving on...im tempted to call Big Mike and beg him for help! :p

I can only help you with the guitar part...
I say wait on the guitar... so much goes into it... I would hate to see it get busted up on the flight back. :confused:

It looks like that flash can comes in one of four models...for Canon, Nikon, Minolta or Pentax...so as long as you got the Canon model...it should work fine.

I tried to look up the trigger voltage here http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html but it wasn't listed.

What do you mean, you can't work it? Does it fire at all? Does it have a test button? Does it test fire...but not on the camera?

Big Mike said:
It looks like that flash can comes in one of four models...for Canon, Nikon, Minolta or Pentax...so as long as you got the Canon model...it should work fine.

I tried to look up the trigger voltage here http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html but it wasn't listed.

What do you mean, you can't work it? Does it fire at all? Does it have a test button? Does it test fire...but not on the camera?

It test fires and fires with the camera...I got it from blacks photography, and they say it should work with my 300D...but I cant understand how to set it up, and the manual dont work...plus if I point it AT the subject, it over exposes...

You have to match the ISO on the camera to the ISO on the flash, did you do that?

Then you have to match the F# on the flash to the aperture setting on the camera, did you do that?

You can set the shutter to anything at or below the sync speed.

I usually use this kind of flash with the camera manual mode, match up the ISO and aperture to the flash...then adjust the shutter for the ambient (background) exposure that I want. If you want to change/fine tune the exposure...just change either the aperture or the F# setting on the flash.

But when I move the ISO dial thing that moves the aparature, and what are these program modes things?

I'm not sure...do you have the instruction manual? Can you go back to the store and ask them?

Arty it's generally a sliding scale, so the light kicked out from the gun is in relationship to the subject distance and aperture. There's a key on the Nikon guns for the manual mode, but I normally slide it into TTL (presumably there should be an option for that).

If you match the camera's settings to the flash gun's settings then you'll get the right results. If it has a TTL Auto mode, then stick it in that and check that the camera knows that it is attached.

Other than that, just experiment until you find it's working - the flash sounds like it's fine.

Rob

Most reactions

Back