HELP! Lens advice

doodlebug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mydoodle.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys :) Just after a bit of advice really :) I have around £550 or $900 to spend on a new lens and i really am a bit confused about what i should get!

I have a 20D body, which is going well, although im hoping in a year or so to get a full frame body, so i dont really want to go down the EF-S route of lenses.

So im after a wide angle lens for general pet photography, with a bit of general sort of landscape/reportage/automotive stuff chucked in for good measure, so need a lens with a bit of flexibility in it, id like something around the 16-17 mark at the wide end, up till around 40-50 at the long end.

Im looking at the Canon 17-40 f/4 as a good option, as its reasonably priced and seems to have pretty good reviews. Is this lens a good option, or are there any others than anyone else can recommend? Im not stuck on getting canon glass, but need something that's not going to fall apart and something that is going to produce nice sharp results.

Any advice would be super super usefull :)

A friend of mine has the 17-40 and never takes it off. He loves this lens. I too have a crop body 50D. I am thinking towards the 24-70 though and getting the 10-20 on the side

The 17-40mm is a fantastic lens and it's priced rather well for an L quality lens. Highly recommended.

The 16-35mm F2.8 L, is another good option, but costs quite a bit more.

Hey guys :) Just after a bit of advice really :) I have around £550 or $900 to spend on a new lens and i really am a bit confused about what i should get!

I have a 20D body, which is going well, although im hoping in a year or so to get a full frame body, so i dont really want to go down the EF-S route of lenses.

So im after a wide angle lens for general pet photography, with a bit of general sort of landscape/reportage/automotive stuff chucked in for good measure, so need a lens with a bit of flexibility in it, id like something around the 16-17 mark at the wide end, up till around 40-50 at the long end.

Im looking at the Canon 17-40 f/4 as a good option, as its reasonably priced and seems to have pretty good reviews. Is this lens a good option, or are there any others than anyone else can recommend? Im not stuck on getting canon glass, but need something that's not going to fall apart and something that is going to produce nice sharp results.

Any advice would be super super usefull :)

If you search Kerso on ebay, he will give you a good deal but email him direct so it doesn't go through ebay, i have save a lot of money buying from him 100% safe (lives in Scotland)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back