Help me check my site please . . .

Discussion in 'Personal and Professional Photography Websites' started by Canon Fan, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well I finally have a functional version of my website. Most of the pics are not what will ultimately reside there but much more just for something to fill the test pages for now. Some may look over/undersharpened or a little low quality due to the compression (I tried to keep every image below 55k for loading time).

Please take a look and let me know if I have overlooked any details so far (other than the missing e-mail addy on the contact page!).

I am also quite interetsed in how fast or slow the load times are on dial-up connections. Would also be interested to hear about any browser problems with netscape (I'm just too lazy to install it right now and check myself :oops: )

Let me know what you think overall (just be gentle please :blushing: )

Steffen Photography

P.S.- LaFoto, you may find an answer to a question you have asked on my site ;)

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I'm afraid that checking websites is outside the scope of the Critique Forum, which is for the criting of individual images. The usual place for this sort of thing is the Personal & Professional Photography Websites Forum - which is where I am moving it to.

3. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah yes I knew that, now that it is moved I am almost positive that no one will care or look. Thanks :thumbsup:

4. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey CanonFan, I checked out your site and I must say, I think it has a very pleasing look. The background picture is interesting and unobtrusive. The site is very easily navigated and since your links are all from the homepage, you can easily go to the other galleries. It has a nice look I think. Two things I noticed, (1) your contact page doesn't have an email address making it difficult for potential clients to get in touch and (2) I might be tempted to put more wedding portraits in your gallery. It seems like wedding photography is kind of a cash-cow and I would think that prospective brides would want to see more of that kind of work.

Just my .02

5. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Ya mind sharing what software you used to develop this site? Also, I meant to comment before, you have some nice quality pictures on your site which really helps it also.

6. Aoide

Aoide TPF Noob!

I love the navigation on the site as well as the look. Very well laid out and easy to move around. And not that you asked, but I checked it out on my Macintosh with Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. All looks good. :thumbsup:

7. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks everyone for the feedback and comments. I used a combination of Photoshop CS (for images) Image Ready CS (for layout tables ect.) Dreamweaver MX and raw HTML code to piece it all together.

Glad also to see it seems to work on almost ALL browsers as well.

More changes coming soon. Thanks again :wink:

8. Nikon Fan

Nikon Fan TPF Noob!

Love the site :) Really like the cowboy shot under people!!!

9. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I really like the site! The layout is great and the images are wonderful as well. Only issue I saw was that it was hard for me to make out the menu titles on the left, perhaps just a shade or two lighter and they would be easier to read (but maybe it's just my eyes!).

BTW, I voted for your picture in the young/old contest, it was a great one!