Help me choose a film camera

hotrocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
hotrocks22.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So..I'm looking for a film camera..pref canon or nikon that is less than $100 (im looking on ebay..used is fine). It needs to be a 35mm SLR and have a decent continous shooting speed (~2.5+ fps)....or if the camera accepts a motor drive that can boost the speed up
thanks

Continuous shooting for less than $100? Have fun!

You can get Nikon N80's on craigslist for $80-$110. they go 3fps.

I got one and use it with my 24-120 VR, it's a brilliant combination. It's basically a plastic, little slower F100.

just put a posting WTB nikon N80 on there and you'll get a flood of results. also check pawn shops, they're loaded with 35mm cameras.

Im doing around 3fpd with my k1000 and i cant afford to go any faster.

fpd= frames per day

yea, if you dont know film comes on rolls of usually 24-36 exposures. 2fps is fast enough unless you like to buy a ton of film + develop it.

Anyways, I have a Minolta Maxxum 7000i. Its a nice film SLR with atleast 2.5fps.

If you can only spend 100 on the camera, how are you going to afford to kill a whole roll of film every 12 seconds of shooting? Assuming you have to buy all this film, develop it, then take the time to scan them all, you might as well buy yourself a nice dslr that can take 1000 pics without any of the extra bulk of all that film.

I agree with jvgig. I have a Nikon F301 which does 2.5FPS and costs £50 used (U.S. prices are WAY off UK ones), and I hardly use the continuous mode. It'll barely last me 10 seconds, then that's another £12-odd down the toilet for film and processing.

Most reactions

Back