Help me decide

ChckLiz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm making prints for my growing album of stuff that I've photographed.. I can't decide on this one though. I don't know if I just want a head shot, or the whole body. What do you think? (BTW.. if you're wondering about the look, it's way past his bedtime here lol)

102_09861.jpg

102_09862.jpg

good composition but Im not a fan of the elelctive coloring, I find it to be a bit cliche. Just an opinion though if you like it by all means keep it.

the elective coloring in this was just a test to see if I liked it, I still have the origional probably going to do it all in b&w. But which one - head shot or whole body?

It seems to my like you get the "story" of the picture in the first photo. The second photo looks like he's just sad.

On a side note. The signature is a little distracting. Maybe a thinner font or slightly smaller text would help that.

The strong shadow from the on-camera flash shows a lot more in the all black+white and quite contrasted version.

As to the crop - no.
Tell the whole story by including the bed he's sitting on, letting that say "It is past his bedtime".

I don't like the selective colouring here, either, I'd wish for maybe an old look photo, as if this were taken in the sixties and the colours have washed out a little or have been a bit off, anyway, but no selective colours.

And this black and white... like I was saying ... with this strong shadow, is a bit too contrasty for my liking.

So play with this one a bit more, but do plan to include it in your album.

Most reactions

Back