Help me fix this image!

d70girl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I played with the curves and contrast in Photoshop, brightened it up a bit, but somehow I ruined the sky. How do I get it to be a normal shade of blue, and maybe even add clouds?

Feel free to edit it, but you hafta tell me what you did! ;) :mrgreen:

dsc0078ie6.jpg

I played around with it a little bit. But I could not get the clouds back. That part is to far blownout.

I used shadow/highlights. Turned shadow to 0% and highlights to 8%. Than I changed the saturation. I changed the master saturation +15 to bring out the grass. Than in the panel I selected blues. Than I click the eyedroper on the sky and changed the hue to +30. Finaly I used the unsharp mask to sharpen it up a tad.
199220914_9ed55160ea_o.jpg

From what you typed I gather the original image is darker. So you should be able to save the clouds. I would use the shadow/highlights and turn up the shadow a bit to lighten up the dark area sand the highlights just a little to increase contrast. Or you could use Curves to do the same thing. Personaly I don't use levels much.

Now that I look at it I would hand burn the roof to tame the highlights left after sharpening.

Your image has professional composition. It could have been a wall hanger but for poor quality.
64194038.jpg

There was no simple way to do this. It was fairly labor intensive. It would have been easier to have had the original to work with.

OMG Midnitejam, how did you get the clouds back from sky? the sky looked like a total loss from the original! did you create them or are they really there?

cagil said:
dsc0078ie6zg8.jpg

This is my fix...I applied a new sky and I adjusted contrast and increased saturation...Its not that good..;)

I like your fix. Keep in mind that you didn't have a whole lot to work with--the image was noisy and too small--else it would have been a really powerful image. It's composition is spot on.

The trouble with applying a different sky is that frequent halo you see on the building's roof and the edge of the trees in the top left corner.

yeah I know I didnt have to work so much but when I start fixing I cant stop myself...
I have noticed my fault about the sky...I think your sky is better but how did you apply it,because on the shack I see a part of sky I think you didnt send it behind,did ya?

cagil said:
yeah I know I didnt have to work so much but when I start fixing I cant stop myself...
I have noticed my fault about the sky...I think your sky is better but how did you apply it,because on the shack I see a part of sky I think you didnt send it behind,did ya?

I saved the wrong layer to jpg when I finished the image in PS. The layer which I intended to keep was perfect in regards to the sky-tree line transition.

Meotter and cagil, as per your requests, I'm working on putting together a description of the steps I used in my edit. I'll get the info to you shortly...

Thanks for your interrest.

Most reactions

Back