Help me fix this.

BradUF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Sorry for the rude title, I was not really thinking when I made it. I took this picture not to long ago on fuji 200iso and just now edited it in GIMP. The biggest problem I am having is getting the greens looking nice and dark is causing the clouds to look funny in the lower left.

Birds-1.jpg

The two big things I notice are A) it looks like it's had very heavy noise reduction done and B) you have a lot of artifacting going on in that spot in the clouds.

My recommendation is finding the original file if you can, and then have someone mess with it. If that's what the original file looks like, then you need to reset your camera to your defaults because something is messed up, or you need to save your files with different names so you don't butcher the original.

Here is the orignal file. Pretty much all I wanted to do is get the same effect that a polarize filter does by making greens, greener and blues more blue.

89530012-1.jpg

Or maybe just a crop is in order and nothing more?

I gave it a shot....... Here is a link to the large file and below that I have posted a smaller copy.

http://www.dykstra.us/images/89530012-1_F.jpg

Oops, looking back at your post I may have miss understood what you wanted. I see you were going for darker greens, my bad.

89530012-1_s.jpg

Here's my 2 minute edit. Let me know what you think. Oh...I fixed up the sky some too for ya.
89530012-1.jpg

How are you doing this? Do you make the sky another layer and adjust it?

I use GIMP by the way.

I used Gimp too. Mainly it was level adjustments.

I don't remember exactly what I did....just tweaked until it looked right. To get you on the right foot, I did something like the following.

Duplicate layer, Mask off sky and set layer as overlay (I think it was overlay). This got the green in the grass but made it a hair dark. Next I got the bottom layer and adjusted it for the sky using hue/saturation I increased the saturation a little and increased the hue slightly (around 10 or so) which made richer blues and gave the grass a little more color. At this point the picture was a little dark so I just did a quick overall level adjustment which brightened it back up.

^Something like that, but I may be stated what I did wrong here or there....hopefully that will get you in the right direction.

Most reactions

Back