help me get rid of my mother

i was bored and just edited the chick out. I think putting the kit in front of a different background would suck, but thats just me. here is the pic

sadkid.jpg

well how i did this.....wow thats kinda a hard question. first off let me say i do things differently than others, i found some things that kind work for me. Also just for the record i deleted the PS of this pic, i have the finished one but not the one with layers and all and now im ****ed i did this!

1st i copyed that tree in the left, when i copy then I go just a little bit on the outside of the image im copying. So if this makes since when i circled the tree i just went on the outside of it just a hair, left just a little bit of the lady in it. I will explain why i do this later.

2nd i pasted the tree to a new layer above the original pic

3rd I copyed the boy. I went around the right side of him (side with lady in background) and copyed it, i didnt need to copy the whole thing just the right half. and again i selected the boy just on the outside of him and got just a tad little bit of the lady in the selection with the boy.

4th i pasted the boy onto a new layer above the man picture

5th on the original picture i copyed a huge sections of the background to the left of the boy.

6th i pasted that huge layer above the main image but below the boy layer and the tree layer

7th I used free transformation and make the background layer i copyed eariler big! bigger then the lady in the background so it covered her up and went behind the tree and boy.

8th once i got the copyed background big enough to cover the lady i merged it down onto the orginal layer. remember still there is a layer of the boy and tree above this image so it should start to look like its done (no more lady in background)

9th the spot were the background the you just merged down onto the orginal background meets you should be able to tell. there will be a line there and you should be able to see it. Use the smudge tool and has a gradient brush selected and massage that line out. this is something that will take you some trail and error to make work.

10th ok now the pic could have a solid background and still have a layer of the boy and a layer of the tree. the pic wont look right cause the edge of the boy and tree will look off. they wont be realitic they will be hard and sharp. This is were that extra bit you copyed with those image helps

11th take the eraser tool and use a gradient brush. this step is hard and would be so much easier if you have a stylis style mouse. but lets do the tree. get on the layer of the tree and zoom in to the edge nice and close. now erase the etxtra bit of that edge you copyed with the tree (just that tad bit over that you went over, you know just copyed into the lady) but slowly erase this and make the end softer. The nice thing is that the background you copyed to cover the lady should go well over behind the tree. so when you erase the edge just ever so slightly. This sounds easy but finding the right mix of how much of the edge to delet to soften it and not make it look deleted is kinda hard and will take some trial and error.

12th now do the boy the same way.

13th thats pretty much it, flatten the image and save it and your done.

Like i keep saying this is just a basic map to what you have to do, you still are going to need to take the steps yourself and figure it all out yourself. I know there might be easier ways to do this but this is how i do it. I hope this helped you, i am not a very good teacher so sorry is this didnt make any since. Let me know if you understand it and also if you need help in any way you can always ask me, I got all those stupid IM programs so we can chat about it and I could help walk you threw the stuff

can't help it, but everytime i read the title of this thread i have to smile in black humour ;)

OMG I had no idea that you guys had kept going with this and I missed out on so much guidance all this time. hahaha. I was going back through and looking at pictures I had posted in the past - man it's kind of embarassing! But I then saw that there had been more replies! Thanks again. So many different ways to do the same thing!!!

Oh, and Alex... I was thinking that way too when I wrote the title. Seems we share a sickish sense of humor! LOL :lol:

The hat is pretty cute and does make the picture more interesting. But, it would also be a cute picture with a tight crop on his face that makes the whole top of the hat go away (and most of the background, too).

JD

Most reactions

New Topics

Back