Help me pick a black & white movie

Thanks guys (and girls!). I thought about doing Sin City, but I think someone else in my class is doing that one. Not that two people can't do the same movie, but I'd rather not. I know someone is doing Reefer Madness - wish I thought of that first! I think tonight I'll go pick up a stack of movies and watch them all, then pick my favorite. I never have time to just sit and watch a movie, so it'll be a great excuse!

x107x said:
How about Gone With the Wind?

Maybe a little too much Technicolor for a black and white film? :lol:

And my answer to question: The Third Man!

Another great suggestion there... but be warned, you may become addicted to German expressionism and noir.

I watched Citizen Kane tonight, and have some ideas about it - but Torus was right, the period dress would be hard to duplicate, at least for the women. I suppose I could try to dress up as a man, but it wouldn't be that convincing :) I think I may also watch Lolita, and or maybe Evita (that's b&w, isn't it?) Luckily this isn't due for a good while, so I have plenty of time to watch a bunch of movies and pick one :)

Coffee and cigarettes by Jarmusch has a wealth of celebrities in funny roles, you'd have a lot of choice, jack white to bill murray to tom waits

Most reactions

Back