Help me pick an entry DSLR!

Just in case you want another $0.02 - I just bought a Canon Rebel XS (1000d) last week and I *LOVE* it!! I previously owned various P&S digital cameras: Minolta DiMAGE 7, Canon PS A700 and most recently a Panasonic DMC-ZS1 that I bought to replace the A700 when it was lost. (The ZS1 was a big disappointment btw).

Well I try to search through the thread but have you provided your budget? Since you're talking about the xs. Anybody think the 30D still a better buy used than the xs for him?

Looks like I'll try to negotiate on a price for the 1000d. I was thinking about $350-ish? Does that sound about right?

Thanks for all the advice!
:hug::

NO! Not another Canon vs Nikon thread! *headdesk*

:banghead:

No...the OP just wants help picking between three lower end cameras...the D3000 doesn't impress me much...the 1000D seems like a good beginner's camera...the Sony is a Sony,and has all the issues that Sony cameras have...limited lens selection, oddball flash foot, almost no resale value...the older Minolta A-mount lenses are going up ridiculously in price...seems like a pretty clear choice for a person who is not system-committed that the 1000D would be the best entry-level camera of the three choices, especially when the alternate options are two of Nikon and Sony's lowest spec'd models. It's kind of like the choice between a Canadian Bacon and pineapple pizza (the Canon 1000D), or a mushroom and anchovy pizza, and a cucumber and ground anchovy pizza...

Please take note of who is suggesting that the OP buy a CANON, so there need be no compact flash confusion,etc,etc. No fanboys need apply...

EXACTLY!
Thank you!

whittled him down to $340! He's dropping by tomorrow!!
:D

camera.jpg

Pulled the trigger!

Most reactions

Back