Help me pick out three photos for contest!

tslice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylergreenphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The theme is 'desert'

3845554697_ea6f445d60.jpg

3845554471_fa84f6e7d6.jpg

3846343096_18026b4913.jpg

3846342400_51199fa01d.jpg

3845551905_b7ae45f682.jpg

Last edited:
First I would narrow down the photos, and then get opinions. Staying with the desert theme, I would remove 3, 7, 14, 19, & 21 because they could of been shot in Vermont. 18, 28, 29, & 31 have things that distract from the theme. 17 looks staged. I would remove 22, 30, & 38 because I do not think dead animals are not going to win any contests.

My votes would go to 9, 26, & 34.

Craig

Too many photos. The watermark is distracting and not necessary. What are your favorite 5 or 6?

Some beautiful shots but way too many to pick from. Water mark EXTREMELY annoying.

3, 6 and 9 really hit me before I gave up. Plenty of other good ones... just too many.

Be brutal. Absolutely brutal. Toss anything that even remotely doesn't fit into the theme "desert". Then chuck anything that you even remotely dislike for any tiny reason. You ought to be able to narrow this down to at least five or six before asking others for help.

39 photos. I think you beat the record for one post.

People here seem to be pretty helpful in general but don't play them for fools. Your posting 39 images, close to half of which have nothing to do with the theme, is not the best way to get help.

Sorry everyone! Didn't mean to make people upset. I couldn't force myself to edit them down at the time I posted. I got it down to the five I think fit the theme. Thank you all for your input!

At least I won something!

I like 26. 05 is cool, but it doesn't really say "desert" to me...

Sorry everyone! Didn't mean to make people upset. I couldn't force myself to edit them down at the time I posted. I got it down to the five I think fit the theme. Thank you all for your input!

At least I won something!

:thumbup: It is always good to know how to keep your sense of humor.

Now, I hate to do this to you but go back to the photos you had posted and find the ones that say desert. #2 and 5 don't say desert to me at all while I remember a dune that I think should be in your more limited selection.

#19 the lighting is nice and so are the colors but the subject is dead center.

I seem to remember some better, more desert stuff.

I spoke with the lady in charge of the contest, and she said the theme was desert/western and that it could be interpreted loosely as long as it was a local photo.

I left the pumpjack in because our main industry is oil and gas. I'm pretty sure everyone in this town will be able relate a pumpjack to the desert.

I didn't like the dune picture because there was not enough contrast in the shot. I feel I can do a lot better with the subject than I did.

I suck. I appologize. I seriously need to learn how to communicate what I'm thinking better on these here forum thingies.

haha you don't suck, don't worry about it.

You have some nice pictures, too, so even if you do kinda suck you can make up for it in photographs. :lol:

haha you don't suck, don't worry about it.

You have some nice pictures, too, so even if you do kinda suck you can make up for it in photographs. :lol:

:thumbup:

Just look at the rest of us and you'll feel better. :lol:

So, anyway, now we know what the theme is.

19, 26 and 34 would be my picks.

Most reactions

Back