HELP me please!!!

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by Mansi, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    im going on holiday day-after, down south to the beaches with a bunch of friends...
    this chick i know... my cousins friend... she acts on tv and wrote to me saying
    :shock:

what do i do? now she wants me to shoot her portfolio of sorts on the beach (she's also there on holiday)... i dont even have the eqipment :confused:
    she photographs well... and i just have a few basic things... 350 d 18-55 70-200f4L not carrying my filmcam... suggestions on how to shoot and what/where.. im just confused:meh: do i need a reflector? what's a good time to shoot? evening sun? it will be warm and sunny (yay)
    how much do clothes matter? i mean what should i ask her to wear? she has done a LOT of shoots before with better and well known photogs i wonder where i came into the picture :confused:

heres a pic of her

[​IMG]

all suggestions are very welcome .. thanks:D

2. CrazyAva

CrazyAva TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well, since you say that she has done many shoots before I am certain she has ideas, and I have seen your work and I have to say you do a wonderful job with what you have and I think you will do just fine.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I wouldn't worry too much over this, Mansi, thinking you'd have to photograph her "like someone else would". What she likes about your photos is that YOU photograph people in the way YOU do. That is the appealing aspect about it. And that is what she wants for her photos, too!
    If she is willing to have you photograph her, she will also be willing to have so and so many sessions. In all different light situations, clothes, backgrounds and surroundings. You will have a BLAST. Make it as fun and as relaxed as can be. Don't think "It's a job and I have to be good". Go about it like: this is FUN and she is letting me try out everything I can do. (All you need is enough memory!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mansi

Mansi TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    thanks Ava and corinna...
    i guess i just have to do it how i do, coz that's what prob applealed to her. Since it is a first time atleast i wont have much trouble directing a noob model. Couldn't have a better model for my first eh and she's nice looking too....
    not something i want to do as a part of my photog career, but always good to experiment with stuff.
    absolutely.. thanks corinna.. i am looking forward to it ... shoud be fun!
    hehe i do have enough memory i think ;)
    2 1gb cards .. think i'll last 10 days thanks to the laptop
    thanks again corinna :hugs:

any lighting directions? reflectors? poses?
    i think i'll take a look thru fashion mags now ugh :confused:
    just want to do something entirely different :D:boogie::Joker: